1 cause to go crazy; cause to lose one's mind [syn: craze]
2 drive up the wall; go on someone's nerves
3 make mad; "His behavior is maddening"
Madden could refer to any of several things:
- John Madden (football), former NFL coach and longtime football announcer.
- Ray J. Madden, US senator in the 1950s.
- Owney Madden, U.S gangster, owner of the Cotton Club in NYC, later active in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- Benji and Joel Madden of the pop-punk band Good Charlotte.
- Deirdre Madden, an Irish writer.
- John Madden (director), an English film, theater, and television director.
- John Madden (hockey), NHL player for the New Jersey Devils.
- Bill Madden (sportswriter), columnist for the New York Daily News.
- Bunny Madden (1882-1954), a former MLB player.
- Simon Madden, former Australian rules footballer.
- Justin Madden, former Australian rules footballer and politician.
- David Madden, a nineteen-time Jeopardy! champion.
- Frederic Madden, paleographer.
- Steve Madden, a shoe designer and brand name.
- Mark Madden, Pittsburgh ESPN radio broadcaster.
- Michael Madden (musician), a member of Maroon 5.
- Michael Madden (Medal of Honor recipient) Civil War Medal of Honor recipient.
- Liam Madden, a leader of Iraq Veterans Against the War.
madden in German: Madden
madden in French: Madden
aggravate, alienate, anger, annoy, antagonize, arouse, awake, awaken, badger, bait, bedevil, blow the coals, blow up, bug, call forth, call up, craze, dement, derange, distract, drive insane, drive mad, embitter, enkindle, enrage, envenom, estrange, exacerbate, exasperate, excite, fan, fan the fire, fan the flame, feed the fire, fire, flame, foment, frenzy, hassle, heat, heat up, impassion, incense, incite, inflame, infuriate, ire, irk, irritate, key up, kindle, lash into fury, lather up, light the fuse, light up, mad, make mad, move, overexcite, pique, plague, possess, provoke, rile, rouse, send mad, set against, set astir, set at odds, set fire to, set on fire, shatter, steam up, stir, stir the blood, stir the embers, stir the feelings, stir up, summon up, torment, turn on, umbrage, unbalance, unhinge, vex, wake, wake up, waken, warm, warm the blood, whip up, work into, work up